b. 1967, London, UK.
Lives and works in London with his wife and two children.
2009 – M.A. Fine Art Wimbledon College of Art.
1990 – B.A. (Hons) Graphics and Illustration. Middlesex Polytechnic.
2004 – Urban Nature. Royal Overseas League, London
(show toured to Edinburgh 2005)
2003 – Arrival and Departure. Attendi Gallery, London.
- Unobtrusive Measures, Kunstpavilion, Munich
- Plus Art Projects Group Show, London
- The Future Can Wait, London
Anthology, Charlie Smith Gallery, London
- Programming Myth, (2 person show with Tim Phillips) Sumarria Lunn, Mayfair, London.
- On the Horizon, New Generation of British Painters, Marine Contemporary. Venice, USA.
- Other Criteria launch edition, Group show with Matthew Burrows & Colin Glen. London.
- Jealous launch edition, at London Art Fair.
- The Future Can Wait, London.
- Fratenise - the Salon, Beaconsfield, London
- Exam, Transition Gallery, London
- Catlin Art Prize, The Tramshed, London
- Unobtrusive Measures, Schwartz Gallery. London
- Transmission, Haunch of Venison. London
- Keep Me Posted, Curated by Julia Royse. London.
- Catlin Art Prize, Shoreditch. London
- Future Map, Hoxton Square Projects, London.
- Black Dog Yellow House Trolley Gallery, London.
- Creekside Open (Jenni Lomax) APT Gallery, London.
- Jerwood Drawing Prize. London.
- Creekside Open (Victoria Miro) APT Gallery, London.
- Not the Royal Academy, Llewellyn Alexander Gallery, London.
- Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries. London.
- New, Woolff Gallery, London.
- Top Twenty, Osborne Studio Gallery. London.
- Discerning Eye (Peter Blake), Mall Galleries. London.
- Street, Royal Academy artists. Attendi Gallery. London.
Awards and Residencies
2009 – Jealous Art Prize Residency.
2000 – Nominated for Paul Hamlyn foundation awards for visual arts.
Dix’s work has been included in the following collections:
Anita Zabludowicz for 176 Gallery, Alasdhair Willis @ Established and Sons Ltd, Royal Collection of Monaco, University of the Arts London and other private collections.
2010 – The Catlin Guide. New Artists in the UK by Justin Hammond; Published by Catlin Holdings Ltd.
2006 – Dictionary of Artists in Britain Since 1945’ by David Buckman; Published Art Dic.